Tuesday 27 December 2011

take me down like i'm a domino.

I miss university.

I felt so fed up yesterday. I don't know if it's just because it's that lull between Christmas and new year or whether everything has just hit me all at once. I was supposed to go out with my parents and sister last night, but I opted to stay at home and watch the Made in Chelsea Christmas Special. I don't know why. I can't quite put my finger on this feeling. Truth be told, the novelty of being at home wore off about a week ago and the lack of hours at work hasn't helped. I've been getting so bored and feeling so lonely and welcomed any distractions. Only, there hasn't been that many distractions.

I go back on Saturday. Boyfriend's back on Monday. Thank god. I have been missing him, but I think it hit me a whole lot more last night, and today. I've just been feeling like crap. And the fact that friendships I thought were mended a week ago, clearly aren't. Nothing's changed on that front and it just makes me want to go back to Derby even more. I hate being at home. My parents are constantly arguing at the moment and I feel like there's not a great deal anchoring me to Sheffield. I used to love coming home in first year, but now, I'm staying away for as long as possible this semester.

I can't wait for this weekend. We're having a new years party at our house and a few people are staying over, my sister being one of them. Then new years day I plan to sit on the sofa and watch The Big Bang Theory series three, then horrify my housemate with Horrible Bosses and The Inbetweeners Movie. He gets all overly embarassed when people talk about sex in great detail, so that will probably drive him to his beloved Xbox and Skyrim and hopefully leave me alone for the day. Then on Monday, the boyfriend is back and I'm pretty much moving into his house until further notice. It's slightly pathetic. We've only been together for nearly two months, but we've been 'involved' with each other for about four, and I miss him like mad. He keeps me sane though and I'm always happy and content when I'm with him. Far from what I've been feeling recently, so it'll be nice to get back to that.

But for now, I've got to tackle the exciting subject of censorship and violence for my essay.